Life Is Precious (Download)
NOTE: After completing your order, a download link for your PDF(s) will be sent via email. Please be sure to enter a valid email address (not a phone number) when checking out.
Your fetal model will ship to your billing address a few weeks later. Please visit hh76.org for additional fetal models.
Using themes from popular children’s picture books, Life Is Precious is a fantastic resource for teachers and students. This lesson illustrates the basic facts of human development and caring for others.
In consultation with Dr. Dianne Irving—a former biologist at the National Institutes of Health—and other veteran educators, we created this 4-week unit study to provide students with accurate information to enhance learning.
Designed to complement any existing school curriculum in grades K-2, Life Is Precious instructs children about the truth of human development while still respecting their innocence. It is perfect for a classroom or religious education setting and is a fun, easy way to learn about the value of each human being.
Topics covered in units:
- Taking care of a new baby, both before and after birth: Baby Sister by Tomie dePaola
- Each of us is unique: On the Night You Were Born by Nancy Tillman
- Standing up for what you believe in: Horton Hears a Who! by Dr. Seuss
- Defending the least of these: One by Kathryn Otoshi
- 16 lessons (92 pages!) focusing on four different picture books that teach the value of human beings
- Four units, each illustrating a different aspect of human development
- Lessons to help children learn basic pro-life facts in a fun and easy way
- Activities and material to help students understand the intrinsic value of each human being
- Activities to help all types of learners: visual, kinesthetic, and auditory
- 17 illustrations and coloring pages of human beings and fetal development commissioned by a professional artist
- Critical thinking activities to prepare students to recognize the value of each person regardless of age, size, or ability
- Fun and easy crafts using readily available materials from the classroom
- Step-by-step instructions and photos for each craft
- Games, cooking, and active learning
Life Is Precious includes:
- A 92-page teacher guide, including printable appendices and coloring pages
- A 12-week fetal model to illustrate key concepts from the unit study
“I love this lesson! Perfect for primary grade students, it clearly traces the stages of human development in a way that is accessible to young people and leaves no doubt about the humanity of the person at each stage of development. . . . I love the focus on the role of fathers—more important than ever in these times—and the gentle reinforcement of God’s mandate to honor our parents. Tying the concepts together with the Miracle of Life coloring book project is a very effective culminating activity to show that each step along the continuum of life is vitally important and full of the wonder of God’s plan for His people and our world.” – Tim Hamer, Catholic school principal
“I think the hands-on projects using household items and fruits are AWESOME. These are particularly well thought out. . . . I would stick to this model EVERY TIME. I also like how you keep everything short. . . . The multiple modality approach is best and it is best if kinesthetic is used as the primary approach before age eight. Kids learn by doing.” – Regina Hiney, Catholic school teacher
“Your Life Is Precious unit study beautifully engages the student in drawing out the depths of these delightful books. What begins as an enjoyable read-aloud transforms into an insightful discussion through the medium of step-by-step crafts—which are super-cute! The easy-to-follow format is a welcome relief to us busy homeschooling moms.” – Alyssa Hichborn
“What a fabulous way to instill the message of the value of each human life to children of all ages! This material is professionally and uniquely put together to reach children in ways that are developmentally appropriate and fun at the same time. Beyond using it for our children, we could not pass up the opportunity to purchase a copy to lobby this into our hybrid homeschool and promote this around the archdiocese of Atlanta. There is nothing else like this available. Thank you, ALL!” – T. Russell
“The Life Is Precious study program perfectly complements what is already being taught about life in the home. The spiral binding, colorful pictures, easy-to-follow unit studies, additional hands on/step-by-step craft projects, Baby Steps video, and a most precious little baby toy are welcomed treasures into any home. This product is for the entire family. May our children be equipped with the tools they need to truly transform our culture into a culture of LIFE!” – A. Johnston
“The Life Is Precious curriculum from American Life League has been uniquely crafted with special attention to the learning and developmental needs of young children. Complete with a parent guide . . . and 12-week fetal model, this is a comprehensive out-of-the-box solution to helping your child truly know the dignity of every human life. Strongly recommended for classroom use, homeschool settings, or for any family who wants to learn together about the beauty of all life.” – Lisa M. Hendey, Founder of CatholicMom.com and author of The Grace of Yes