Embracing a Culture of Life: Blessed Chiara Luce Badano (Download)
Blessed Chiara Luce Badano was a joyful young Italian girl who bravely battled a painful bone cancer. Until her death, Blessed Chiara encouraged her friends to trust in God, even in times of great pain and suffering.
With the rise of euthanasia and physician-assisted suicide in our society, many students today do not understand that suicide is not compassionate care for the suffering patient. We must help the next generation understand the value of suffering in their lives. This lesson teaches students the value of suffering and how it can bring us closer to God, especially at the end of life.
In this one-class 15-page lesson, students learn:
- How they can imitate the heroic example of Blessed Chiara Luce in accepting suffering with patience and trust in God
- How to articulate the purpose and merit of suffering in a world that rejects human suffering and embraces euthanasia
- How to comfort the suffering through prayer and making sacrifices
Your purchase of this 15-page digital download includes:
- An overview of Blessed Chiara’s life
- Lecture notes about the value of suffering
- Instructions for praying the Divine Mercy Chaplet for the sick and dying
Recommended for high school students.
Permission to use this lesson is granted to the immediate family or classroom of the original purchaser. Schools with more than one classroom using this lesson should purchase additional copies. If you have any questions, please contact Susan Ciancio at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: After completing your order, a download link for your PDF(s) will be sent via email. Please be sure to enter a valid email address (not a phone number) when checking out.